Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Friday, December 5, 2008

A Screeching Halt

Old Man Winter has made his debut and I am loathe to leave my warm bedroom upstairs to traverse the cold halls of downstairs unless I have to, so all work has come to a halt until things warm up just a little. (We have Central AC/heat upstairs, space heaters, a gas fireplace downstairs, which don't do a whole lot to take the chill out of the air) Actually, at 29 degrees, my sister, who lives in South Dakota, would say I'm just a baby, and that it wasn't really that cold. When I was talking to her yesterday morning, she told me that it was only seven degrees, and it would only get up to sixteen for the whole day, with snow expected. So I guess I won't complain (too much), but as I say, work here is on hold.

No comments: