This time I didn't throw it, I swear. The screwdriver fell off the top of the ladder and landed point down and the bit embedded itself in the wooden sub floor. Now this led me to ask a question. Why DOES the screwdriver always land bit first and not the heavy end with the battery first?
Anyway, I dug it out and put it back in the screwdriver but somewhere along the line I must have lost the little bearing that holds the bit in because I spent the next two hours chasing it, as I would get to the top of the ladder and poise the screwdriver and it would fall out and down to the floor. Why did I not get another bit, you ask? Because the wood in the ceiling is so hard the screws do not want to go all the way in and all my bits are stripped. This is my last good tip and I only had maybe ten square feet left to put up, so I decided to just go with what I had rather than take the time to go buy a new one.
I did think at one point, that I was going to lose my mind. I made all of the measurements for cutting the very last piece of drywall (and for once they were exactly right and I was SO proud of myself). I marked them all. I got ready to cut the piece to fit. Then I realized...I HAD MADE ALL THE MEASUREMENTS ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE DRYWALL!! When I put it up against the ceiling the backside of the drywall would be seen. So I turned it around with a big, big sigh (and only one cuss word) and started over.
BUT it got done.
Today I am going to compound all the joints. Then I'm going to texture. Then paint and carpet and trim. This has been a mammoth project. I'm so glad it's finally going to be over.
I would post pictures but they would be boring. I will post pics as soon as the texturing and paint and carpet go on.