Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Santa, Baby...

Leave the (correct size) blinds under the tree...for me...



So things didn't go as planned this evening. I ordered new blinds yesterday, as I am tired of looking at my falling apart cheap-o Family dollar blinds. I picked them up today and came home so excited to finally get them up. But first I needed to finish painting the window. Windows, I should say. I have 12 windows in my room, 4 on each of the three outer walls. I have finished two walls, and two more to go. So I painted...and painted...and painted. And finally was ready for the blinds. I took the first one out and held it up to the window to make sure it was going to fit before I started installing the hardware. Hmmmm. An inch too short. This confounded me. I knew I had measured correctly, but I measured again and got the same results. How could this be...unless the measurement at the top of the window was different than the bottom of the window...I measured the top of the window and it was a whole inch shorter than the bottom of the window. I sighed and put the blind back in the box. Guess I will be taking them back tomorrow for a smaller size. Meanwhile, having taken all the hardware from the old blinds down, filled the holes in the woodwork, and having sanded and painted over all that, I had no blinds and no window covering for the night. This makes me feel like I am in a fishbowl. I am uncomfortable with that. A friend suggested I use sheets, but I had a better idea. I had an old roll of Christmas wrap. I would stretch that across my 12 ft bank of windows taped on each side, til morning. And it worked! It was easy! I stood back...and realized I had taped the paper backwards on the windows! Don't know what the neighbors will be thinking in the morning, when they are greeted by a wall of Santas looking down from my second story windows! I Hope they have as good a laugh as I did about it.