Home Sweet Home

Home Sweet Home

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tough Little Guy


I have a chess set that sits on a handmade frame and hangs on the wall. About two years ago I knocked it over and dropped all the pieces on the floor. I found all but this little guy on the left. Never could figure out where he went. When David, the contractor, opened up the floor in my living room he reached down in and pulled this little guy out. "Here's a chess piece", he said, and I shouted in amazement, I've been LOOKING for that! I put it up next to the other pieces and couldn't believe how much deterioration had taken place under my floor. I'm glad to have a complete set again though. Something about having seven pawns instead of eight really bothered me, and I'm sure he is glad to be back with all his brothers.

No comments: